MAKE A REFERRAL
Self-referral or Inquiry
If you have questions regarding hospice or VNA Hospice Care, feel you or a loved one may benefit from hospice but do not have an attending physician, or if you would like VNA to contact your attending physician for a referral to hospice, simply call (314) 918-7171 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please tell the operator you would like to make a hospice referral.
To make a referral by telephone:
call (314) 918-7171 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or (314) 918-7111 evenings and weekends. Please specify you would like to make a hospice referral.
Please provide the following information:
- Patient's name, address, phone number and date of birth
- Doctor's name and phone number
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Insurance carrier, policy number, and any additional insurance information
To make a referral by discharge order:
Physician simply writes "Refer to VNA Hospice Care for Hospice" on the discharge order and the discharge planner can fax the order along the above information to (314) 918-8054 or call (314) 918-7171. Visiting Nurse Association will assess the patient in the hospital, their home, or a skilled nursing facility.
VNA will coordinate details including:
- Physician/prescription order confirmation
- Insurance verification
- Pharmaceutical delivery arrangement
- Supplies and equipment
- Skilled nursing, therapies and hospice specialty support services
- Patient and caregiver teaching/training